We often do things by habit or allow things to just unfold, but if you want success in an area then train your brain into seeking the important things in your life which you want.
- take a piece of paper and write down exactly what you want. Your goal needs to be specific, what does it taste like? Smell like? Look like? What colour is it? Get a picture so real in your mind's eye that you can almost touch it with the hand of your mind - do this every morning when you wake up and before you go to sleep at night - this makes it real.
- on the other side of the paper write down exactly what achieving it will accomplish for you. Is it for your family - if so who exactly and why? The more reasons you come up with, with great detail attached the more your subconscious mind will begin working on ways to get you there. So program yourself to become an opportunity seeking engine. Why pull yourself toward your goals when your reasons for wanting them can attract you too them like a magnet?
- see yourself having accomplished the goal and how it feels. See yourself having completed the success and the warmth you feel as it has been done and you are ready for the next dream converted into the goal. See yourself standing in front of a large audience and relating your experience to inspire others, telling them the huge setbacks you experienced and what kept you going.
- find a role model. We all need them, someone with similar circumstances that fought through unbelievable odds to accomplish incredible things. Listen to their audio book in the car and read their book at home rather than watch negative programs on television.
- if you need to get trained up or educated than do. If you want to grow your body you have to change your diet whether you like it or not and the body is the same. Feed your mind with industry leading experts who have achieved similar goals to the one you have. Do this every day. Even the best coaches in the world do the same because we all can learn from someone, the day we stop learning is the day we start dying.
- finding like-minded people who will push you toward your goals and who you benefit with your experiences and commitment. Make a difference. Tell me what would you prefer... pushing toward your goal or being pulled toward your goal? Employ a Coach?
- find a way to give to others and the community whenever you can, where you are not getting paid. The law of return says you could gain a client or word of mouth or at worst you have changed someone else’s life - and is there any greater reward than that?
- expect failures, and plan your behaviour when you do. When you fail realise it, accept it, learn from it, have a quiet cry and move on.
- go for it. Stop thinking and start doing. We all have incredible potential to succeed which is not always financial, it can be relationships, career or family, spiritual. But remember that everything is connected, so work on all areas.
- The last piece of advice is this, don't feel that a dream is called a dream because we can’t achieve it. A dream is just a goal not on paper. So break your dream into goals, and your goals into manageable chunks of daily success and start succeeding in it today, turn them into SMART goals - believe in yourself.
- If the main goal or where you want to be is BIG and long-term, then you need to cut it down to smaller shorter term goal chunks, 6-12 months, that are pointing you in the direction of the bigger goal.
If you know you could benefit with some help to see your dreams and goals become a reality, then do contact me. Wish you well!